Saturday, February 5, 2011

Church Records Question

In considering my future, I am sometimes found wondering about what it would be like to request having my name removed from church records. I know I've read through many blogs who have touched on it slightly, but I'd like to know what the actual process looks like. Do I meet with my bishop and simply ask? Do I have to write a letter to the First Presidency? Do I have to go through a disciplinary council? I've been through a disciplinary council once before. I was excommunicated in 2007 and re-baptized in 2008. Will I have to go through that again, or will I make a simple request and have my wishes granted? For some reason I can't imagine that it would be that easy. Any information would be greatly appreciated as there is much to consider before I can make a decision. Thanks!!

6 comments:

A.J. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob said...

Here's what you need:

http://packham.n4m.org/leaving.htm

Natalie said...

Another helpful site:

http://www.exmormon.org/remove.htm
Good luck!

Kelly slash FindingMyWay said...

I want to thank each of you who responded, I really appreciate the links!

Unknown said...

I can picture it something like a breakup letter:

"Dear Church,

It's not you, it's me. I see that we're drifting apart, and I think we should end this before either of us gets hurt any more. I will remember the good times we had, but this isn't going to work any longer.

I don't need anything more from you, let's try to make this break as clean as possible.

FMW"

Kelly slash FindingMyWay said...

Now THAT'S what I was hoping for. Except you got one thing wrong...

Dear Church,

its U, its not ME
let me let go
the end

FMW