Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Holy Temple

I've been packing parts of my house, trying to prepare for a move. Today I was focused on my bookshelf and found a book called "The Holy Temple," by Boyd K. Packer. I was going to donate it to the DI, but first I flipped through it. I found a hand written note from my ex-husband, which he had given me on the six month anniversary after my first excommunication.

28 April 2008

Hon,

I know this is a little early, and you are only at six months until you can get baptized again, but going through the temple is the ultimate goal. When I saw the book, I knew I had to get it for you. I need you to know how proud of you I am. Giving up would have been easy but you chose to fight and take the hard path. The journey may be more difficult but the reward at the end is so much more worth it. Know how much I love you. Know that I will always be here to help you. Know I admire you for not giving up. I can see how much stronger you are becoming because of the trials you are going through. Also know that the Lord has not forsaken you. He is cheering you on as well, you are one of His chosen spirits and He is proud of you for fighting to regain your blessings. Again, happy six months - you are half-way there!

I love you,
K

Wow! We've come a long way. As we all know, I made it to my baptism but not the restoration of my temple blessings. Kendall did stand by as long as I allowed it, but is now getting married to his new sweetheart (in just four short weeks!).

I am glad I no longer buy into the concept that giving up who I am is the "right" thing and that it will bring my greatest reward. I embrace my sexuality, spirituality, and emotional self entirely. Embracing ME is not "giving up." I actually look forward to my every day as an open lesbian who practices integrity. No more hiding!

I do still believe that I am one of God's chosen spirits. We all are! None of us are better than others and we're all just as special in His eyes.

It's always interesting to find a gem like that note from Kendall. We've made huge changes and are both moving forward with happiness and fulfillment.

No comments: