Friday, December 31, 2010

Things Are Good

My husband and I have just been floating along quite nicely since our talk. Nothing has been weird or out of the norm for us. I think we're both adjusting to everything and letting it settle.

I don't know what we're waiting for exactly. I think the idea of divorce is such a foreign thought to us that we're not sure how to move forward, so for now we're at a stand still. That's okay. I do want to avoid ignoring the elephant that's in the room. That won't do anyone any good. But to rush this would be a mistake as well. We will continue on and look for the moment when we'll know how to proceed. I would be lying if I said I wasn't having a fair amount of fear anticipating "that day." But this is a hard thing and I would guess it's pretty normal to be feeling such fear.

We will be having a great time with our kids tonight, ringing in the New Year. I'm not looking forward to the lack of sleep, but such is life. It will be nice to have school back in session so that we can enjoy a bit of routine once again. The kids have had a nice break, with a LOT of late nights and even all nighters. Crazy kids!

I'm looking forward to the new year. I hope it blesses each of you with every righteous thing your little hearts desire. Good luck with your unique situation and be happy that at least someone understands just a little of what you're going through. Until next year....

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Happy New Year my friend. I have a feeling it is going to be a good one!!!

mohoguy said...

thank you for sharing your story. Mine is similar, except that I'm male. I wish you the best.

Clive Durham said...

Your approach to your situation is right on from my perspective. If your experience follows the path I walked (which was similar to that of many of my friends) you'll know the right time to do the right thing.

Regardless of your feelings about the Church, which are understandable, the Lord is still watching over you and the Spirit will continue to guide you if you allow him.

For me, one of the most spiritual experiences of my life came when I decided to divorce my wonderful wife because I could no longer live the false life of a straight husband and father.

The Lord loves all of his children, especially his gay ones.

Kelly slash FindingMyWay said...

Thanks Clive! May I ask how your situation is with your ex wife today? I wish you peace on your journey.

Kelly slash FindingMyWay said...

Thanks MoHoGuy! I wish you the best as well.