Monday, May 7, 2012

Going Back to Church

The decision hasn't been made lightly, but I am returning to church. I am tentative to say the least, but I feel it's where I belong. Not in the way many people will hope, but I will be there nonetheless. I am not going back to repent of my "sins." My attendance will not be for the reasons I attended before (blind obedience, fear that if I didn't I wouldn't go to the Celestial Kingdom, habit). My attendance will be directly related to the fact that I enjoy many aspects of the gospel and appreciate the values and morals I was taught as a child. I appreciate those same values that my own children possess. I will do my best to attend each week, to let go of the anger for certain leaders, and to "take the good and leave the bad."

I've been two weeks in a row, and a time or two a couple of months ago. During our sacrament hymn yesterday we sung,

Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
With thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
E'en forgiven now by me.

How can I ignore even the smallest of spiritual experiences? I can't. I don't even want to try. I will grasp a hold of every spiritual moment I can, knowing that my Heavenly Father loves me and wants me to feel nearer to Him and the Savior.

A huge bonus to once again attending church each week:


BABIES!!! I get to see beautiful babies. Tiny, sweet babies. Chunky, sleeping babies. It's worth it just for that, since I never cease to feel the spirit when I'm near an infant.

No comments: