Saturday, June 14, 2014

Letter to Kendall's Bishop

Kendall is preparing to be sealed to his new wife on their anniversary, in August. His bishop has asked that I write a letter, sharing my feelings about all of it. I have many feelings about it, but it comes down to the fact that 1) it's unnecessary since Kendall can be sealed to someone without my blessing, and 2) I'm not sharing all of my feelings with him. I decided to write it, since Kendall asked, and this is what I came up with...



June 14, 2014

Dear Bishop Waite,

Kendall said that you wanted me to write a letter about my feelings regarding his sealing to Valerie. While I've contemplated this a lot, I've determined that the only feelings I will share with you are this:

Kendall has done everything in his power to bring light into my life since the day I met him. We have gone through many things together, most absolutely beautiful, but some were quite dreadful. The kindness, charity, love, and support that he has always provided for me and our children will remain in my heart forever.

While I am not a believer in the necessity of a temple sealing, I am 100% a believer in supporting Kendall in whatever he believes will make him happy. He deserves the same kindness, charity, love, and support that he has always given me. He has always been, and will continue to be the most amazing man I've ever met. He has integrity and the desire to do right by all people in his life. He deserves the best possible, and I will trust him to know what that is.

There should be no doubt on your end whether or not he is ready and worthy for this next step.

Kendall is current on his financial obligations to me and always has been. He is an incredible father and provider for his entire family. He will continue to have my full support.

Kelly

No comments: