Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Results

First of all, things went really REALLY well. We had a three hour lunch. "Cleared the air." Apologized. Laughed. Cried. Hugged and walked away. That's all I'm giving you.

There was an interesting turn of events. Apparently the ex's husband mentioned having received an anonymous (coward!!) email telling him about my blog. He and the ex read the blog from the beginning so he really had few questions for me. I'm okay with that. It felt good to share with him.

We ruminated on who might be the culprit, when one person kept standing out. But for that little bit of time between lunch and getting home, we actually doubted some people who are close to us. Just briefly. Which sucked rocks! There are really only a few people who know names and locations and the fact that I'm gay. There are plenty who have made assumptions, but only a few who know the truth. I almost understood the reasoning behind someone contacting them via email, to "warn" them of what is being said about them. But the more I thought about it, I realized that the intentions were not out of kindness and love. I had said NOTHING to defame either of them, except for the little nickname I gave the ex's H. We laughed about that at lunch. The fact is, I have been extremely careful to not name names or give locations, out of respect for them. There was zero to protect them from. The person who sent that email was wanting to cause trouble. This was a malicious act, plain and simple.

And then it all became clear.

Here's something you need to know. IP Addresses can be traced. Furthermore, IP Addresses that are masked can be traced back to the original address with just the right touch.

I am available, COWARD, if you'd like to approach me. Bring it! There is nothing you can do to damage the life I've made for myself. Truth be told, we all benefited from the email. Nice try.